Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Of Software Please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 draven

draven

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hello,

Due to a spyware problem, I cannot download the software i need to help.

Could someone please download the following and upload to www.meagaupload.com and post the links for me.

1. Windows SP1a - http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/4...sp1a_en_x86.exe

2. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe

3. Combofix - http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Many thanks.

Edit: Moved topic from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

If you cannnot use the Internet or download any programs, try downloading from another computer (family member, friend, etc). Save to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If it does not run from the machine, try running it directly from the flash drive or CD.

Before performing a Quick Scan with MBAM in normal mode, please print out and follow these instructions.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 draven

draven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:18 AM

I am getting help here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158843/spywarevirus-problem/

Edited by draven, 26 July 2008 - 05:19 AM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:52 AM

Since you are already getting help, you should refrain from asking for help from other members or staff until the HJT Team has checked your posted log. The HJT Team work very hard to investigate a unique solution to your problem and you will receive individual expert assistance. Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users