Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse And Kb Don't Work While Battery Is In

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 magman68classic

magman68classic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

I am running an Acer Aspier 5670 (Notebook) with Windows XP (Almost 2 years old)

When my battery is in my notebook and Windows loads, the mouse and kb don't work.
I can access the BIOS menu, but like I said, once Windows loads I lose control
USB Mouse does not work either

When I take out the battery and hard reset the problem is temporarily solved, but I want a permanent (and mobile) solution

I tried reformatting and that didn't work

Thanks

Edited by magman68classic, 25 July 2008 - 03:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

What happens when you try and use another mouse/keyboard in one of the USB ports on the laptop?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 magman68classic

magman68classic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

USB Mouse does not work either

What happens when you try and use another mouse/keyboard in one of the USB ports on the laptop?

It doesn't work

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:19 AM

Sorry, I missed that part! :thumbsup: (amended my profile to reflect that below my avatar)

Have you checked in your Device Manager to see if there's any issues with the devices there. To do this, go to Start ... Run ... and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and then press Enter.

Also, check in your Event Viewer for errors in either the Application or System category that may be related to the mouse or keyboard (or anything else suspicious). To do this, go to Start ... Run ... and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and then press Enter.

Since it fixes itself with a hard reset, I'd guess that it redetects the mouse/keyboard - and then something else causes it to become unrecognized. The most likely culprit (IMO) is a driver - but determining which one it is will require some troubleshooting.

A list of the drivers is located here: http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/Ace...FTOKEN=49559604 (I got it from this link: http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/acerdrivers.cfm )

I'd first try the Intel Chipset drivers, then the Synaptics Pointing driver and the Touchpad driver

Edited by usasma, 29 July 2008 - 07:41 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 magman68classic

magman68classic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:59 PM

Well I emailed Acer's Tech Support and they said I probably need a new battery, so I called them today to order one

My friends and I thought it was driver also. I reinstalled them and that wasn't the problem.
I will wait for my battery and let you know what happens.

Thanks for your help though.

#6 magman68classic

magman68classic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

I got my new battery and it solved the problem.

Thanks for the ideas though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users