Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Error--faulting Application Winword.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dreamcatcherco

dreamcatcherco

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

Hello, all,
In looking at my error logs, there have been occasional errors with Word. But just recently, they have become quite a pattern. I'm not a techie and don't know if this error entry tells us details to center in on exactly what the problem is. But I am copying it below for your perusal. I am running Home Vista & Office Home & Student 2007. After I installed an update to my HP OfficeJet All-in-One I started getting frequent messages that Word had failed & Microsoft was searching for solutions to the problem. It always repairs & Word returns for continued use, but something is clearly wrong. I saw a discussion on Bleeping Computer that lead me to think that Office & my HP printer might be conflicting. But so far as I am aware the updates for both the Office & HP are the newest versions. I think Microsoft is completely updated. Can you help me correct whatever this is all about ? I am very unclear about what is happening & don't know what to do.
Thanks, dreamcatcherco

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 7/24/2008 4:48:08 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: User-PC
Description:
Faulting application WINWORD.EXE, version 12.0.6308.5000, time stamp 0x47e547c5, faulting module hpz3r4x6.dll, version 61.63.263.21, time stamp 0x46c5c5da, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00045db8, process id 0xa44, application start time 0x01c8edd6bca86b89.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-07-24T21:48:08.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>16481</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>User-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>WINWORD.EXE</Data>
<Data>12.0.6308.5000</Data>
<Data>47e547c5</Data>
<Data>hpz3r4x6.dll</Data>
<Data>61.63.263.21</Data>
<Data>46c5c5da</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00045db8</Data>
<Data>a44</Data>
<Data>01c8edd6bca86b89</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

Microsoft Word crashed because of this module: hpz3r4x6.dll
The references that I was able to find for this file suggest that its:
1) an OEM driver file, and
2) a Unified UI/Render plug-in

Which doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot to me, but I've got a guess or two about.

Since the filename starts with HP and you've recently installed an HP OfficeJet...did you install it from the drivers on the disk, or did you download the drivers from HP? If you installed from the disk, did the disk (or the setup program) specify that the drivers were compatible with Windows Vista? Often printers will be marked with a "Works with Windows Vista" sticker - but won't have the Vista drivers on the installation CD/DVD.

I would suggest uninstalling the drivers and software for the HP printer, then reboot and test to see if the error has been corrected.
If it has, then try getting the Vista drivers from this link: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/suppor...Display=drivers
and see if that helps.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 dreamcatcherco

dreamcatcherco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

Usaama, this is GREAT--gives me more to go on than I had turned up on my own. I did download from the internet, but now I know that the problem has to be a new All-in-One OfficeJet update driver. I will be needing this informration when I get my system back. Right now I'm having a computer crisis because I don't know if I can & if so, how to restore my C drive from the DriveImage file I have on my external drive. (see my response under other post entitled "Error--Service Control Manager Event Log Provider, Here's another one I don't know what to do with.) Thanks for the additional information, which I definately will need later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users