Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keep Getting Re-directed!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Saracen619

Saracen619

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Whenever im on any search engine and i search for something and click one of the links at the top it says Redirect then Jump and then it takes me to a random website. And then when you try and click back it doesnt you have to click the back button about 20 times really fast. Anyone help its really anoying

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Saracen619

Saracen619
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:16 AM

A reply would be nice you know...:thumbsup:

#3 Mesmerized

Mesmerized

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:05 AM

Hello there,

I hope that someone who has more knowledge about your problem post a solution here. However, I ran a search on google about redirection problems. Many people have posted questions about this. It seems that it's related to a virus infection (page hijacking). Have you tried to scan your computer for spyware and other malware?!!

By the way, do you receive a 302 error?

If you do, please read this:

About 302 error

Good luck.

Edited by Mesmerized, 26 July 2008 - 08:07 AM.

#4 Saracen619

Saracen619
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

Ive scanned using McAfee and SpyHUnter Security Suite. and didnt find anything. Also i recently used ComboFix, witch i originally used to get rid of "Joke Bluescreen.c" fake virus.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 26 July 2008 - 07:47 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

Hello Saracen619,

In order to assist you, we need a bit more information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What kinds of sites are you being redirected to? If you post a link, please in enclose it with <> so it won't be live.

What browser are you using when you are redirected: Internet Explorer 6, IE7, Firefox etc.?

Are you experiencing any other issues with your computer: pop-ups etc.? Please be as detailed as possible.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 Saracen619

Saracen619
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:02 AM

Ok,

I'm running Windows Xp Media Centre and the sites i get redirected to are things like "Heavy" then random sites "Monster" and random search websites. And im using Internet Explorer 7. And i used to get pop ups a lot but i dont know.

#7 Mesmerized

Mesmerized

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

Basically, if you had pop ups, it means that you were infected. Badwares don't disappear by themselves unless you've already cleaned your PC so the two (pop ups and redirection problem) are probably connected. I think that there is another member who has the same problem as you as you. Have you read this thread?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159727/google-search-redirects/

Finally, I really would like to help but I am a novice not a technician however I hope that the more advanced members will help you. Therefore, I am posting here to move up your thread in the discussion for other members to see.

All advices and help are welcomed. Please anyone??? :thumbsup:

Edited by Mesmerized, 27 July 2008 - 11:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users