Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Video Genres

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the upset, but the frustration of dealing with Windows programing can get the best of you occasionally.

I was hoping to go to Windows on-line help files to find something that shouldn't need an on-line search in the first place.

I've had this frustration before and sense it's not that frequently that I do this it ends up taking me an hour to find what I'm after every time.

You'd think that a corporation as big as Microsoft wouldn't allow something as obvious as this to slip by them but they did.

Anyhow, know that I've possibly conveyed some of the frustration of trying to find the simplest of things maybe some here will be able to show me where they are hiding this one simple option of:

ADDING INDIVIDUAL ADDITIONAL GENRES (like Home, Movies, SciFi, etc.) TO "GENRE" IN WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 11 VIDEO LIBRARY.

The frustration of having to even look for this option is mind blowing. I mean who the ^%$ doesn't know to put a right click option for adding video genres???

At these times one has to scratch their heads at how incompetent a Microsoft team must be to miss this obvious of a thing?

Anyhow, I hope I haven't deterred anyone from helping me here by showing you a little of the frustration at these times but I really do appreciate being able to come here and usually get a good answer if not a great on. Thanks.

John :thumbsup:

PS Where would one send Windows a piece of one's mind to let them know how much you appreciate their missing something this obvious?
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

I did find where to change the genre for Windows Media Player 11.

In the Video Library under the "VIEW OPTIONS" (right next to the search engine at the top of the page), the "DETAILS" is where one can easily change the genre of a video.

Of course I still can't figure out why Microsoft can't include a right click option to make it obviously easy instead of the mind thrashing trying hide and seek of where it actually is.

Anyhow, I am more writing this for future reference. I've been remembering that I can access my previous listings and this will be there the next time I do a total re-install and forget where this option is all over again.

So, that is: Windows Media Player 11 > Video Library > VIEW OPTIONS (top of page left of search) > DETAILS (option for changing genres).

How about this:

1. Windows Media Player 11
2. Video Library
3. "VIEW OPTIONS"
4. "DETAILS" (option for changing genres).

That should do.

John :thumbsup: to me!

Edited by Johnz414, 09 August 2008 - 05:14 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users