Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 haveacigar91

haveacigar91

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Hi,

after going through many trials, tribulations, and attempts to fix my computer, i was left with only one option, to fully restore it back to factory settings. i thought this would cleanse all of my problems. now i have no sound.

i have tried running services.msc and windows audio is correctly enabled.

it is likely to be a missing sound driver, but i have no clue how to determine where i can get this said driver.

i think it is important to note that it appears that none of my usb ports in the front or back of my computer are active.

any help would be appreciated. thanks :flowers:

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:56 AM

Hi haveacigar91, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

It would help if you would tell us what the make and model of your computer is.

If it is a custom build, did you install the drivers for the motherboard?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 haveacigar91

haveacigar91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:45 AM

Hi dc3,

i got sound to work by getting the correct soundmax drivers and installing them. the usb ports still dont work, does anyone know where to get those drivers?

by the way, the computer is a Lenovo 3000 J115 7387-26U running Windows XP Home Edition

Edited by haveacigar91, 25 July 2008 - 01:45 AM.

#4 Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

Have you checked your Device Manager to see if the drivers are installed and you can also update the drivers from there.

Multi-Boot, Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8 Pro x64

Posted Image

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:49 AM

Hi haveacigar91.
Don't know why a complete restore didn't bring everything back, it should have.
If I were you, I'd install the chipset drivers first, then the enhanced usb drivers second. You'll want to reboot after each.

1. Chipset Drivers here
2. Enhanced USB Drivers here

#6 haveacigar91

haveacigar91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

Hi HitSquad,

Thank you for the links, both of them worked and installed. but when i try to run setup for the chipset drivers it gives me a message that says there is another hardware installation running so it cannot continue. there is no other installation running. i have rebooted my computer and the message still appears.

When I try to setup the enhanced usb drivers, I get an error that says 1607: unable to install, InstallShield Scripting Runtime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users