Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect To Linksys Router Web Interface

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cool_Han

Cool_Han

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hello,

I am still new at this but I have a problem that I don't know how to fix. I have a Linksys WRT54G v5 wireless router which was WPA security enabled. The router seems to have reset to default settings and is unsecured currently. When I attempt to enter the IP to access the config page Mozilla messages that it is "taking to long or can not access this site". The only thing I can figure is that I purchased Bit Defender Internet Security 2008 and the firewall is blocking it. I have gone to the settings and the zones tab to make my unsecure router trusted and it worked. I am able to access the inter net but still have no luck with the config for the router. I have hard reset the router and modem and that didn't work. I have a Dell Dimention E310, running Windows XP Home. If anyone can give any insight as to how I can Secure my connection it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:09 AM

I would think that Firefox would show that but just to cover all bases, why don't you try using Internet Explorer 6 or 7? :huh:

Also, is this the only computer in the house? Can you attach a laptop or something else? All of this will verify where the problem is coming from. :thumbsup:

Have you added the correct subnet to the firewall, to allow access? :)

What is the Ip address you are inserting into the browser? It should be either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. :huh: B) :) B)

DR

#3 Cool_Han

Cool_Han
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hello rigacci,

thanks for your reply. I did try explorer 7 and had the same problem. I'm not sure about adding the Subnet to the firewall as i do not see an option to do the directly. I have added my connection as trusted and am currently able to use it. there is another computer in the home and I will attempt to use that one to config the router but i checked her IP config and there's something definately wrong there.

will let you know how that goes

thanks again

#4 Cool_Han

Cool_Han
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

thanks rigacci for posting replies on this topic. Somehow my IP address was changed and the submask was wrong the DNS location was wrong yet i was still able to connect to the internet. I reset my router and let it choose a random setting. I was able to connect to the linksys interface and enable the security settings. It was a weird how the settings just changed so I'm concerned about someone obtaining remote access to my computer. I ran Bit Defender internet security 2008 and the scan was clean. No problems since.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions
and if you have any regarding how those settings changed on their own I'm all ears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users