Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combining 2 Limewire Files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 flashystunnaboy

flashystunnaboy

• Banned
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:21 PM

Hello guys when i download movies from limewire they always come like in 2 parts, like the first part may be the first hour of the movie and the 2nd part is probably like the last hour of the movie and i was wondering how to join the 2 halfs of the movies together, i have windows XP and do i need to use windows movie maker

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

What is the extension name of these files? Is it something like .001, .002?

#3 flashystunnaboy

flashystunnaboy
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

no like, say if i wanted to download the movie 40 year old virgin from limewire and the movie came in 2 files, how to i combine them together to form 1 file

#4 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

It depends. Sometimes you have to just join the files, other times extract and join, sometimes join and extract the files, sometimes just extract.

If you don't know how to join files I am not going to tell you for the following reason:-

40 Year Old Virgin is a protected movie, downloading it would be illegal and so I'd advise against it.

You may say you said

say if i wanted to download the movie 40 year old virgin from limewire

but to ask what you have without then downloading the movie or other copy protected material goes against human nature.

Edited by KingOfIdiocy, 27 July 2008 - 04:53 PM.

#5 flashystunnaboy

flashystunnaboy
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:33 PM

i'm not going to download that movie it was an example, the movie i'm acutally trying to join is a independent film called repos

#6 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:25 AM

To use a familiar phrase where I come from.

I'll believe you, though thousands wouldn't.

as I can't find definitive information on Repos.

It's still a bit hard knowing how to join files when you don't know what the file extension is.

Mostly hjsplit is used.

http://www.freebyte.net/download/hjsplit.zip

It is free and safe to use, though you will get a false positive at VirusTotal.

I usually put the files to be joined in a separate folder though this is not normally necessary.

Open hjsplit and click on Join. Click Output and decide where you want your joint file to appear. You may create a new folder if you wish.

Click on Input File and navigate to where the files to be joined are.

If hjsplit is the correct tool and you have only one film to be joined, there will be only one file visible.

Click on that file. Click Start. Wait for hjsplit to finish working.

You may need to actually download the film to know the right way to join it though.

Edited by KingOfIdiocy, 28 July 2008 - 09:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users