Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Topic Not Showing Up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 907 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

I have noticed a topic with the title Yahoo Mafia Ownership in the 'last post info'.

When I go to the speakeasy however, their is no sign of it!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

KingOfIdiocy the reason for the topic not showing up is that Speak Easy Posts must be approved by staff before they become available to everyone.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 thelittleduck

thelittleduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 907 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

If it has not been approved why is it showing up in the 'last post info' column in the main forum index? A topic I posted did not show up in that column until it had been approved, which is logical.

Both KoanYorel and yourself Pandy seem to have posted to this topic.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

That is a 'feature' of IPB forum software. You will see the names of who replies but the topic post itself is not visible. It is however listed in the main forum list of all topics.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 thelittleduck

thelittleduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 907 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

Thank you Animal.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

You're welcome. Topic closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users