Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Comfused By This Site.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hothett

hothett

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

My computer is running like crap and I have been looking at this site for a while now but have no clue where to start.
Where is a maintanace schedule? you know like what programs to run to find problems? spyware adware malware whereware.
I also need to go through my start up list. my browswer freezes all the time. windows freezes all the time.
it takes me 5 minutes or more to shut down my PC. once started flipping through folders is a waiting game.
the icons on my desk top take forever to load and show themselves when I mininmize all windows.... like a very very very very very slow curtain.
it is like a hacker has taken control of my computer or tar has replaced my processors.

why does this site not have a place to start? and really only one tutorial in one place, or put them beside each other.

Just give me a few links of where to start please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

Hello hothett

This forum is the place to start if you think you are infected with malware. Here we ask members to describe their infections, what actions they have taken so far and tell us what operating system they are using. Then we try to guide them along with removing the malware.

For those not wanting individual help, we have threads that list various anti-malware tools and scans which you can perform.
BC's Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps
BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources.

We have a self-help section for removing common malware. Please see the tutorials listed in the Malware and Spyware Removal Guides and the Spyware and Malware Removal Guides and Reading Room.

For general computer slowness, browser issues, too many startup applications running, you can follow the recommendations in the pinned sticky: Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first; it may not be malware.

If you look at the very top of the page you will see various tabs for Tutorials, Resources, Spyware Removal, Startup and File Databases and a tab for the BC Home Page Welcome: Are you new to Bleeping Computer? where we welcome new members. At the Welcome page you will find step by step instructions to guide you with getting the type of assistance you require.

You also can continue in this thread or return here after trying some of the suggestions already mentioned for further assistance.

Best regards
The BC Staff

Edit: Forgot to mention our New User Orientation and Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide.

Edited by quietman7, 24 July 2008 - 01:17 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users