Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big Fish Game Manager Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Anniep34

Anniep34

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:38 AM

I am running Windows XP SP2 and my antivirus is Panda with Firewall 2008. I have downloaded games from Big Fish for my children and could play them with the game manager for quite a while with no problem. All of a sudden a couple of weeks ago I got an error that the game manager would not open and I could not play any games nor could I download any new ones. I went to BFG site for help and it said the game manager could be corrupted and to uninstall the program and download a trial game which would install a new version. Fatal mistake!! I could not install the new version. I got so far as to put in my email address and it said there was an error and to contact BFG. It shows that the game manager is there in program files though. I contacted them and they just told me to do the same thing. I even did a registry scan to see if there was a problem and this did not fix anything. I contacted Panda and they told me how to "whitelist" BFG to allow it to download. This still did not work. BFG stills tells me to install and uninstall and nothing works.

I am not a computer whiz so I do not know how to fix this and it is very annoying that I cannot now play any of the numerous games that I have paid for because they have to be opened by their Game Manager in order to be played and they haven't helped me fix the problem. I went to IWin games and I can download their game manager with no problem and play their games. I have since found out that their games are cheaper I think anyway but I still want to be able to play all the games I already paid for with BFG. Can anyone hlep me please? I am at a loss of what to do. BFG even asked me to send them a Hijack this scan but did not say if it showed anything that wasn't supposed to be stopping the program. Thanks. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users