Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winspyprotect Infection - Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 j908

j908

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

Hello! You have kindly helped me out once before and once again I call on your help!!

Got infected with this VERY annoying malware / spyware - "winspyprotect". Im sure you will know about this one. But it is basically telling me that I have virus and hacking attempts on my PC and redirects me to their website to download and buy a tool (which no doubt I don't need) to remove the issue. In a nutshell it;

Has removed most of my adminstrator permissions
Blocked access to Task Manager, control panel and registry etc
LOTS of pop ups and virus warnings
Performance impaired HUGELY
Removed access or hidden my C: and D: drives
Deleted or moved desktop icons
Closes or opens screens randomly - usually in an effort to redirect me to their website etc.
Added VIRUS ALERT! to the regional and local settings - Appears alongside the clock and all dates on files / folders etc
Adds shortcut desktop links to websites etc

Im using XP SP2 with AVG and Zonealarm (free versions). I have tried various different ways to remove it and have failed miserably! (I did get it to go away using Malwarebytes Anti Malware, but comes back on restart so Im obviously not getting rid of all of it).

I've taken some screen shots, but can't see how to attach to this message.

This in my homepage - http://softwarereferral.com/jump.php?wmid=...6Ojg5&lid=2
This is where it leads - http://www.ucleaner.com/main.php?wmid=6010...Q==&lndid=2

PLEASE help its driving me insane!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 j908

j908
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:49 AM

In anticipation of you needing one - Here is the malwarebytes log...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.23
Database version: 985
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

12:39:50 24/07/2008
mbam-log-7-24-2008 (12-39-50).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 231151
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 26 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 17
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 15
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 20

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\eqvwamkl.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\pmnlmlih (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{01892a81-2f48-4741-bd0b-e71e661e4a1f} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{3673657c-1cc9-4c02-acbf-003ed26600f1} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{ee46a167-8972-4f1e-9a20-60374a5d69de} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{88e2c28f-80c8-49ba-94a3-a5d4930b4a23} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{26cc5930-494f-4d65-bcd6-5b81217d89d7} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{090410db-d949-4a56-a874-d7ac679123df} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{ba019099-7cbf-4071-a60c-561dfa86d940} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{fe0f4b4f-a5a0-4529-bc78-1b04220f45e6} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{fe0f4b4f-a5a0-4529-bc78-1b04220f45e6} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSPlugin (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\fdkowvbp.bbwm (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\fdkowvbp.toolbar.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\aoprndtws (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{769d8280-a207-4eea-9963-f8b156c32855} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\eqvwamkl (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{88e2c28f-80c8-49ba-94a3-a5d4930b4a23} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page (Hijack.Homepage) -> Bad: (http://softwarereferral.com/jump.php?wmid=6010&mid=MjI6Ojg5&lid=2) Good: (http://www.google.com/) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductId (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Bad: (VIRUS ALERT!) Good: (76487-OEM-0011903-00110) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowControlPanel (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowSearch (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowHelp (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyDocs (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyComputer (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoStartMenuMorePrograms (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\StartMenuLogOff (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDrives (Hijack.Drives) -> Bad: (12) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoToolbarCustomize (Hijack.Explorer) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSetFolders (Hijack.Explorer) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispCPL (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\images (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5C7BE368-2D4E-4BAD-847A-CCF2688A5121}\RP923\A1047572.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5C7BE368-2D4E-4BAD-847A-CCF2688A5121}\RP923\A1047574.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5C7BE368-2D4E-4BAD-847A-CCF2688A5121}\RP923\A1047575.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5C7BE368-2D4E-4BAD-847A-CCF2688A5121}\RP923\A1047576.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\images\capt.gif (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\images\danger.jpg (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\images\down.gif (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\images\spacer.gif (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmnlmliH.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\eqvwamkl.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\fdkowvbp.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\grswptdl.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\nfavxwdbpgs.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\wnslvxtf.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Russell\Desktop\Spyware&Malware Protection.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Russell\Desktop\Privacy Protector.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Russell\Desktop\Error Cleaner.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Russell\Favorites\Error Cleaner.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Russell\Favorites\Privacy Protector.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Russell\Favorites\Spyware&Malware Protection.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

Welcome back to Bleeping

2 year anniversary

You didn't mention safe mode in your posts

http://www.malwareremoval.com/tutorials/safemodeboot.php

Would you run a scan with avg from safe mode if you haven't already

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry839950

would you incorporate atf cleaner and SAS from safe mode into your MBAM cleaning

I would strongly suggest that you disconnect/physically/pull cable? from the internet during the clean routine

Another program that's run from safe mode and is very effective is SDFix, I reccomend it only after running the others tho

You might print the directions and install it before disconnecting from the internet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131299/how-to-use-sdfix/

Edited by DaChew, 24 July 2008 - 07:28 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users