Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Rundll32.exe - Bad Image

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hothon

hothon

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:31 AM

:thumbsup: Hai,

I am using windows xp pro sp2 now,when I start up windows before login to windows base come up this error message:-

Rundll32.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL c:\WINDOWS\system32\vu4z.dll is not a valid Windows image.Please check this against your installation diskette.

I try to find this "vu4z.dll" file delete but can't delete, in safe mode also can't delete it.
So any suggestion can help me?

Thank You! :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:08 AM

You shouldn't disable rundll32.exe, this needed for essential applications.

Have you run any scans for infections, there is a chance that this could be malware.

Try downloading and run Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hothon

hothon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:57 AM

:thumbsup: I run McAfee Anti Virus,Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware already but still come out that error message.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

<<The application or DLL c:\WINDOWS\system32\vu4z.dll is not...>>

I find absolutely no reference at all to such file, other than your post.

That would seem to say that you've either mispelled the filename in the error message...or there may be a high probability that it's new malware.

Is there a file with that filename...on your system? What I mean is...sometimes there are references to files which no longer are on the system and I want to understand whether this message is one of them.

Louis

#5 hothon

hothon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

:thumbsup: Yup! I understanding what you said,that file is under C:\Windows\system32\.

I confirm this file are not using by system (windows XP),why I know? Coz this files can't found on normal computer(windows XP Pro SP2) so that's why you find absolutely no reference at all to such file.What I think is if I delete that files maybe system can't come out vu4z.dll error message again when I login to windows but problem is I can't delete it in normal & safe mode windows due to this file always said it using by windows now,so can't delete.

so any suggestion help me?

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Try this free program to delete it: http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
If that doesn't get rid of it, post back and we'll try something else.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 hothon

hothon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:45 AM

Hai

Now no only error vu4z.dll come out, also have msobjstl.dll,mstimewd.dll,ksuserfy.dll,slbiopfs2.dll and dpvvoxmh.dll but all these files I delete already.

Now my problem is when I login to windows come out this error message:-

RUNDLL

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\vu4z.dll
The Specified module could not be found

This files(vu4z.dll)I delete before already and also not found in C drive and startup.
Another thing is in system configuration Utility, under startup some progam can't working like McAfee,Windows Live messenger,Skype,bat files etc..when I login to windows these program can't working at startup, nothing come out.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

It can't find the module because you've already deleted it (so, when it tries to run it, it's not there, so it can't run - and that generates the error message).

Try this free program: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/Autoruns.mspx
Scroll down and look for entries with those filenames. Remove the check mark from the left hand side of their entry and reboot to verify that the changes have taken effect.

Not all rundll or rundll32 processes are bad (and some are essential for your system to run). Only remove the checkmark from the one's that generate the error messages (vu4z.dll, msobjstl.dll, mstimewd.dll, ksuserfy.dll, slbiopfs2.dll and dpvvoxmh.dll)

Be very sure that your system is free of viruses before doing this. If it's not, it could cause the virus to mutate and become more difficult to remove.

Edited by usasma, 29 July 2008 - 08:11 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 hothon

hothon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:20 AM

:thumbsup: My problem solve already.

Thank You Ya! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users