Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Slow After Installing Vista Sp1?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:59 AM

If your PC seems to be running slow after installing vista sp1, don't fret, this is normal. Prior to the update, vista's superfetch feature had built up a host of user specific optimizations that improve performance with the applications you use regularly.

During the sp1 installation process however, The superfetch data is cleared from the pc. To regain the performance optimizations, simply use the pc as you would normally. It should pick up a in a couple of hours or days.

Edit: Moved topic from Tips and Tricks to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:43 AM

Thanks - will have to remember that if my cousin listens to me and upgrades to Sp1 :huh:

#3 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

I want to upgrade for better audio, but my XP is great now thru my Insignia HT. I may replace my bedroom PC, an Acer acerpower SV, intel pentium 4 cpu, 756mb RAM, 80 gig HD. Opinions??
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:10 AM

I want to upgrade for better audio, but my XP is great now thru my Insignia HT. I may replace my bedroom PC, an Acer acerpower SV, intel pentium 4 cpu, 756mb RAM, 80 gig HD. Opinions??

You may want to start a topic in the system building and upgrading section of the forum, you might get more responses there if you're looking to replace a PC. Given the specs of your bedroom PC, almost any new PC will be a step up from what you currently have.

3939.png

#5 jackass_ca

jackass_ca

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

If your PC seems to be running slow after installing vista sp1, don't fret, this is normal. Prior to the update, vista's superfetch feature had built up a host of user specific optimizations that improve performance with the applications you use regularly.

During the sp1 installation process however, The superfetch data is cleared from the pc. To regain the performance optimizations, simply use the pc as you would normally. It should pick up a in a couple of hours or days.

Edit: Moved topic from Tips and Tricks to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Mine has had a few days now... and what happens, it runs great for the first bit, then if I leave the computer for like 20 minutes or so, when I come back, everything is slow, CPU is running at 100% and the only thing I can do to get it to respond, is shut down and restart. This started happening since installing SP1. When I am actively using the computer, everything works great. Very fast, no lag, etc. Any ideas? I used to have this problem with the dfrgntfs program, which I do not now, but I don't think I have that on here anymore either?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users