Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSN Hotmail - No Access with Outlook now?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 10:34 PM

I received this e-mail from MSN Hotmail this evening.

Dear MSN Member,

Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office Outlook® and Outlook Express.

We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.

Because you actively use Outlook or Outlook Express to access one or more of your MSN Hotmail or MSN e-mail accounts, this could be the ideal time to consider subscribing to our powerful new
e-mail service - Microsoft Office Outlook Live.

As an Outlook Live subscriber, not only can you get uninterrupted access to your MSN e-mail accounts from Outlook, but you will also enjoy many other benefits.

Special introductory offer for Microsoft Office Outlook Live

As a thank-you for your loyalty to MSN, we'd like to offer you a 25% discount off the regular price of a year's subscription to Outlook Live. Sign up by April 19, 2005, and you can enjoy all your first year's benefits for just $44.95 instead of $59.95*.

HUH?

Say What?

Has anyone else received this notice?

((MSN products have become so dangerous to use now, that even MSN is going to cease using them?))

:thumbsup:

:flowers:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:41 PM

But I bet, for a "slight extra fee" new users will be able to use an Email client to retrieve their MSN Hotmail; I remember some discussion about this step last year.
Yahoo did the same thing some time ago.
Google, which has a larger mailbox limit, allows its users to download mail.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:40 PM

I just received this same message from another Hotmail account this evening.

Has no one else received this message?

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 ladydairhean

ladydairhean

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:44 AM

I received this message probably the same time you did. Now my OE won't send messages. I think the notification was a "polite" message that they will be charging to download email whether it's a new account or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users