Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ps2 ports don't work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dirtyliar

dirtyliar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

I am trying to help a friend solve an interesting problem - she loaned out her pc (gateway desktop, XPsp2) and when it came back the keyboard and mouse didn't work. I loaned her USB kb and mouse, they work fine. Did someone cause this or could it be a virus or other? Any ideas about how to fix the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 15 April 2005 - 01:24 AM

Dear Dirty,

I don't know of any virus's that would cause this but it could be done.

First I would go into the BIOS and check to see if the parallel ports are not disabled.

Second I would go into Control panel and click keyboard to see what is being used and if there is a problem.

You will have to change the keyboard momentarily to the PS/2 port but not the mouse.

You will need that to move around. Find out if the computer sees the keyboard and what type.

Report back with your findings if you don't fix it.

To me, it sounds like someone is playing a prank on your friend. I never heard of just the PS/2 ports going bad on a motherboard.

Good Luck :thumbsup: ,

Junkdk
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users