Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Clipping + Long Freeze Beep

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ellypho

Ellypho

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hello world!
I appear to be having a problem with my fresh winXp. Whilst i use it if i play an audio file for ,example .mp3 youtube, the sound will clip. Another issue is that fafter using the comp for approx 20 minutes if i am to click it will instantly freeze up and give out a loud beep from the speakers (does not appear to be a bios beep) once this happens i'll shutdown the comp with the front pwr fbutton making windows shut itsself down normaly. So it will shutdown all the running apps and load out. The last occurence i was not playing any audio file so it does not seem t be an audio problem.

Thank you for all your help in advance
Ellypho :thumbsup:
CompTIA A+ certified

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

Are you getting any error messages?

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the time that this is happening. Each error will have its own date and time shown.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow trinangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

Another thing you can do is to looking in the Device Manager and see if there are any red Xs or yellow triangles with an exclamation make inside.

Please let us know what you find.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Ellypho

Ellypho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

Are you getting any error messages?

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the time that this is happening. Each error will have its own date and time shown.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow trinangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

Another thing you can do is to looking in the Device Manager and see if there are any red Xs or yellow triangles with an exclamation make inside.

Please let us know what you find.

I have yet to chekc however by rumaging forums it appears to be a PSU problem. And that would make sense since i have been meaning to replace my defective PSU fan.
Cheers
Ellypho
CompTIA A+ certified

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

That little tid bit would have made a big difference in diagnosing your problem. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Ellypho

Ellypho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

*update*
Alrighty boys and girls i think i can give a better description of my issue now that i have seen a bit more.
Now i run a dual boot with Ubuntu 8.04 that runs flawlessly, this is not the first installation to not ffonction correctly and affter rebooting a couple times it will somehow work correctly. There appears to be no consistency.

Here is a list of my current hardware is
Motherboard : Asus M2N-E Built in network card and audio card(not sure what model)
GPU: ATI 1650X Pro
CPU: Amd athlonx2 4200 clocked at 2.21 GHz per core
Ram: 1 Gig

Anything else that may be relevant i'll tell upon request because im not sure what else would matter
thanks
Lyph

*update*
here are the errors, they do not occufr when the ffreezing occurs
Dcom : 10005
Service control manager : 7026
Windows update agent : 20
System error 1003
Service control manager : 7034
SidebySide : 59
SidebySide : 32
Dcom : 10016

Note there are alot of sidebyside errors

So if anybody think's it might be something other then the PSU please do tell

Edited by Ellypho, 24 July 2008 - 12:02 PM.

CompTIA A+ certified

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users