Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems In Downloading .001 Files On Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jefri

jefri

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

Good Afternoon ...

I have never had any problem with downloading .001 type files type on Firefox but recently my friend was on my computer and everything seems to be messed up. When the pop-up box appears (What do you want Firefox to do with this file), it states that Zip Genius is the default application (???) and I cannot seem to change it and when I saved the .001 file, the file appears with the Zip icon instead of the normal icon for .001 file.

Another frustrating thing is that while the Firefox Downloads box shows the full name of the file for example Spiderman.avi.001, Spiderman.avi.002 etc, (which is normally the case), they would not appear in my destination folder. It will only show up as Spiderman.avi without the numbers 001, 002 and so forth. So if I were to download Spiderman which has files from .001 to .006, the file Spiderman will appear 6 times in my destination folder without the last digits. This is really confusing.

I have never encountered this problem before and it makes joining the files using HJsplit nearly impossible. I have tried looking in Tool>Options>Applications in Firefox but I really dont know what to change and how to change the default setting because I think that's the problem.

Does anyone here know how I should rectify this? The problem only persists when Im trying to download and save .001 files.
Thanks and Regards.

Edited by jefri, 23 July 2008 - 12:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users