Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hit By Wista Spyware/trojan (i Don't Know Which This Is)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cartmanjr54

cartmanjr54

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:19 AM

A couple of days ago, my father in law noticed an odd dialog box pop up on my desktop stating that I had been infected by spyware and then instructed me to click "OK" to remove. Clicking "OK" directed me to a website for "WISTA Spyware remover". I downloaded Spyware Doctor from PC Tools and that seemed to take care of that. Fast forward a day, I arrive at my in-laws house and my wife boots up their computer and gets the same behavior that we'd seen on our computer the day prior. I attempt to log onto the PC Tool website and I get the "Website unavailable" indicating that I didn't have an internet connection, however, I could log on to any other website that wasn't affiliated with anything that could offer me a solution to this ploblem, McAfee, Norton, Microsoft Security, PC Tools and even this site (I'm on my laptop at the moment). Since I was unable to log onto a website and download a solution, we purchased McAgee Internet Security Suite. This morning, I loaded it from disc, but whatever kept me from connecting to the above mentioned websites is also keeping the McAfee software from connecting to the McAfee site and getting updates and sending registration information. Also odd is that I downloaded Spyware Doctor and saved it onto a thumb drive and saved it over to the affected computer, but when I double clicked it, nothing happened...when I right click it and click run, nothing happened. Also, the same thing happened when I tried to run Spybot and any other application that's already loaded on the workstation. I have no idea what to do next.
Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users