Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With A Whole Bunch!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 murdergod

murdergod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

Hey guys...

Sorry to being asking for help, but I'm getting desperate with this... Since 20 minutes ago, my Avira antivir started popping a window saying that it had found a TR/FakeAlert , and from that on, a Windows Xp 2008 antivirus appeared ( a fake antivirus of course ), and started scanning my computer. After that, a image started to appear, saying my computer was affected by spyware, and to saying to get a spyware and antivirus. Avira won't take the virus off, so I ran Hijackthis and deleted the files that were infected. BUT, now the fake antivirus doesn't appear, but I can't go into the control+alt+delete thingy to control the processes and I know that I still have the infection... What should I do?

I use comodo firewall, avira antivirus...

Please help me and thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 murdergod

murdergod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:08 AM

I just noticed I can't change my desktop image... it doesn't appear the bracket to select it... If I go to rightclick at desktop->properties I only see 3 thingies up there, one of them to choose the theme, another one to choose the screen resolution and colors, and another one to choose the appearance...

Please help me :thumbsup:

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

HJT was a good program in it's day but hasn't been updated and was really intended for advanced computer users.

Try to run Avira from safe mode in a scan

http://www.malwareremoval.com/tutorials/safemodeboot.php

and see if you can install MBAM and run a scan and cleaning from normal mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=876163

posting the logs can give us some clues as to the next step in removing the infections

Edited by DaChew, 23 July 2008 - 04:42 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users