Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is It Okay To Have These Anti-spys Running At The Same Time?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PapaPixels

PapaPixels

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

I currently use Spybot S&D with teatimer, adaware, spyware blaster, superantispyware, and spywareguard. spywareguard and teatimer are both real time protections. will they conflict with each other? Also, i have comodo firewall which has an anti-malware scanner. I am considering to download malwarebytes. Would all these programs be fine with each other? My antivirus is avast 4.8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

If you are using the free versions of Ad-aware and SAS, there really is no need for them to startup as they offer no real-time protection. The Plus and Pro versions of Ad-aware include Ad-Watch Real Time Monitor. In fact, I would remove Ad-aware if your using SAS and Spybot.

SpywareBlaster does not run in the background. Instead it only requires installation and then enabling of all protection. After that you only have to check periodically for database updates using the built-in "Check for Updates" feature and then enable all protection again.

SpywareGuard is a limited real-time protection tool that monitors certain events and then acts to notify you that these events are taking place rather than prevent specific threats. SpywareGuard will notify you of any event attempt to change the browser home page - it makes no judgment on whether the change is good or bad but leaves the decision up to you to allow or deny it.

MBAM is a stand-alone scanner unless you purchase the paid version which offers real-time protection.

I use all these tools with my Eset anti-virus and there are no conflicts.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users