Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Upload Cv?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kevinb123

kevinb123

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

i made a q.v. using a template on microsoft works now i've saved it but cant seem to upload it to job sites,the program that i used to create it starts up when i do. i know it's prob really easy but i'm new to this so sorry! how do i upload this document or what do i do when saving it so i can upload?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hi.

I'm assuming that you have your CV in a separate folder in My Documents or similar location.

Right click on that folder and left click on SEND TO/Compressed (zipped) Folder. A new zipped folder icon should appear somewhere near your original. Compose your email and click on ATTACH A FILE. Browse to your new folder, highlight it and click OPEN, and it will go into your email. Depending on the size, this can take a while so wait before you SEND it.

Emails will only accept a limited size file (GMail is 20 MB) so check that for yours. It is a slow process for a larger file so be aware of that.

Good luck with the job hunting.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 kevinb123

kevinb123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:56 AM

thanx but i don,t want to email it. on job sites it sats upload c.v but when i try the program starts. i think i need to get it from the prog to a document or something

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

It may be that you need to download the file, complete it, and then upload it. It might help if you could copy and paste the instructions provided by the site in a reply, or provide a link to one of the sites.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 kevinb123

kevinb123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

it's just your everyday job search website. they list jobs, then if you see one you want to apply for you fill in some details and click on the upload c.v part to add your c.v
think the probs once i've created c.v using microsoft works i dont know how to save it, as when i saved it if i try to look at the c.v it starts the prog i made it with 1st rather than just showing me the c.v as a document.

#6 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

Not sure what your problem is, but try this.

When you have your document the way you want it, click FILE/SAVE AS. Give it a name and save it as a .txt file in the location you want.
(To look at the document, right click on it and choose OPEN WITH>>Wordpad)

When you click the UPLOAD button on the job site, browse to your location, highlight your document and click OPEN. It should be on its way.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Edited by rowal5555, 23 July 2008 - 05:23 PM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users