Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Blue Screens, Crashes And Freezes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 huw1990

huw1990

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

Hi all, i'm new here

My brother bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with Vista a few months ago for 600 and sold it to me a few weeks later for 450. However, since i have had this laptop, i have had many problems. I used to have an older Dell laptop with a Celeron processor and Windows XP, and running games (Football Manager) on this computer was fine. But since having this better laptop, it feels a lot slower than my older laptop and there have been numerous times when the laptop has just frozen and takes roughly 5 minutes to start working again.

My main problem, though, is that i have had countless blue screens. These have happened roughly one every day or two for the past two-three weeks but in the last day or so i have had at least five. A friend told me that Vista had known problems with Norton Antivirus, which i was using, so i deleted this and installed McAfee a week ago, but as i said, the blue screens continue. When they occur, it does not state which files have caused it, and although it does provide a line or two of technical information, it say "Beginning dump of physical memory" and restarts the computer within a few seconds.

The annoying thing about this for me is that there is not one particular thing that i am doing when the blue screen occurs, it happens at any time.

i appreciate that i haven't provided any technical information, but i am currently downloading HijackThis, so i should have some information soon. In the meantime, can anyone see a possible cause of what is happening??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

Please don't post the HiJackThis log with your next post. If you're interested in posting one, follow the instructions here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Here's a link on how to find more info about the BSOD's: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491
With that information we can start at trying to isolate the cause.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 huw1990

huw1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

Please don't post the HiJackThis log with your next post. If you're interested in posting one, follow the instructions here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Here's a link on how to find more info about the BSOD's: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491
With that information we can start at trying to isolate the cause.

the only reason i was going to post a HiJackThis log was because someone on another forum said it would be best. I won't be doing that any more anyway because i can't get on my laptop any more. i formatted the hard drive, but while reinstalling windows i had another blue screen.

the main error messages i have had are "STOP: 0x00008086". does this help?

#4 huw1990

huw1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

i've now managed to install windows and connect to the internet. i had a couple of blue screens, one of them was when installing graphics drivers, and the info in this blue screen is below.

RCDMENU.EXE - Application error

The instruction at 0x7332649a referenced memory at 0x7332649a. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status at oxc000000e

can anyone help me out on this.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

Bleeping Computer doesn't allow working HiJackThis logs anywhere but in the HiJackThis forum. Once a mod knows about it, they'll move it to the Misplaced HJT Logs forum and you'll be asked to follow the directions for submitting a HJT logfile. This doesn't help you out, so that's why I asked that you not post one.

If, after a bit of troubleshooting, this appears to be a problem with malware, then we'll suggest that you post over in the Am I Infected forum that's located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ The experts that hang out there can tell if a HJT log is needed, and will help you with that and other tools if that's what's needed.

But, onto your current issues:

The 0x00008086 seems to be related to the chipset or processor on your system. The RCDMENU.exe error is related to the Dell Resource CD. Are you sure that you're using the correct CD and drivers for the system?

Has the system been restored? Have you checked in Device Manager to see if there's any issues with the devices? To get there, go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users