Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashing .... Rebooting ..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 .Connor

.Connor

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

My PC keeps crashing, It okay all day intill about 8-9PM and then it starts to crash. Not sure what i should do? Also sometimes when i re-boot it, It wont log back on it'll just keep restarting intill the next morning. My fan has gone really loud also :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,880 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

System manufacturer and model?

If custom-built...motherboard manufacturer and model?

Any error messages?

Have you checked to see if all fans are turning? Have you checked CPU temperature in BIOS after one of these crashes?

Louis

#3 .Connor

.Connor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:31 AM

I know all the fans are on but how do i check the rest? Is their a program?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:32 AM

The fan speeding up is an indication of the computer overheating, this would also explain the computer shutting down.

If this is a desktop, open the case and see if there is a buildup of dust, look especially close at the CPU heat sink and fan assembly. If there is a buildup of dust you can blow it out with a can of inert air, this can be purchased at places like Staples, Radio Shack...

Safety precautions when opening the case

Caution: There are electronics inside the case that are very susceptible to electrostatic discharges. To protect your computer, touch the metal of the case to discharge yourself of any charges your body may have stored before touching any of the components inside. As a safety precaution you should unplug the computer to avoid electrical shock.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users