Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:13 PM
My recommendation would be to disconnect that computer from the internet IMMEDIATELY as how WinAntiVirus Pro is also a keylogger and can take screen shots of the system.
WinAntiVirus Pro is a tough application to uninstall. It can wreak havoc in your system with its extremely damaging capabilities. You must make it a point to remove this application by quickly detecting and removing the rogue applications and all of its components. This process involves removing all application processes, registry keys, DLL files, and other hazardous files from your computer. To avoid the unnecessary risk of damaging your computer by WinAntiVirus Pro, we recommend using a reputable antispyware program to safely remove it. Most antivirus programs are not designed to remove WinAntiVirus Pro because it isn't a virus.
Removing WinAntiVirus Pro is a challenging process, but it is possible to eliminate this pest from your system, either by an exhaustive manual process or by using an easier automatic method. If you are not familiar with the intricacies of working with your registry, using the manual removal method may do damage to your operating system. If you are a non-technical person then please consider using a reputable antispyware program to do it for you. ParetoLogic's XoftSpySE is a good one. If you still face a problem, you can always contact ParetoLogic to have access to one-to-one help.
To remove WinAntiVirus Pro completely by using an automatic tool, you may need to first uninstall the application to delete all system installation files. Here is a brief procedure that will assist you to remove WinAntiVirus Pro from your computer system:
* Uninstall WinAntiVirus Pro by using the "Add/Remove Programs Utility" in your system.
* Restart the computer in a Safe Mode.
* Once the system boots up in the Safe Mode, you can run a good spyware removal utility like ParetoLogic XoftSpySE to scan the system files and folders. This tool will remove almost all traces of WinAntiVirus Pro installation from your computer.
* You can also use the auto cleanup facility to delete all WinAntiVirus Pro related files and folders from the system. This procedure may take a long time to finish, as it will probe and explore every corner of your computer system.
Manual WinAntiVirus Pro Removal (use at own risk)
Important WinAntiVirus Pro files are:
* pmmnt.exe or pmsnrr.exe,
* uwasffNT.exe or was6.exe
Unregister WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 DLL files:
Remove/Modify WinAntiVirus Pro Registry Entries:
Search and delete all these WinAntiVirus Pro Related Files
* WinAntiVirus Pro 2007.lnk
* WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 Scanner.lnk
* WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 Scanner Online Manual.lnk
* WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 Manual.lnk
* pmmnt.exe or pmsnrr.exe
Please note, to avoid damage to your computer's operating system caused by a mistake in manually removing it, we strongly recommend using a reputable spyware removal tool like ParetoLogic's XoftSpySE . This will automatically detect WinAntiVirus Pro and safely remove all traces of it from your computer.
Theirs a little guide I found on it.
Good luck and be careful. Remember its a jungle out their on that internet.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM.