Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winantivirus Pro On Xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chazbo

Chazbo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

I'm attempting to help my friend make his computer useable again. He somehow got Winantivirus Pro on his computer and when it told him he was infected he ran the scan and ever since then he has been unable to open any applications. I went to his task manager and it was filled with spools.exe and a few spoolsv.exe. I found through a google search that sometimes idle printing jobs will slow the computer to a halt but he does not even have a printer hooked up to cause a problem of that sort. Since I am unable to open both mozilla and IE I can't download HijackThis or spybot to get a sense of what is going on. I'm assuming we will just have to reload windows but I'm hoping there is an easier fix. Thanks for helping us out and let me know what can be done to help you resolve this problem.

P.S. I am typing this from another computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

My recommendation would be to disconnect that computer from the internet IMMEDIATELY as how WinAntiVirus Pro is also a keylogger and can take screen shots of the system.

WinAntiVirus Pro is a tough application to uninstall. It can wreak havoc in your system with its extremely damaging capabilities. You must make it a point to remove this application by quickly detecting and removing the rogue applications and all of its components. This process involves removing all application processes, registry keys, DLL files, and other hazardous files from your computer. To avoid the unnecessary risk of damaging your computer by WinAntiVirus Pro, we recommend using a reputable antispyware program to safely remove it. Most antivirus programs are not designed to remove WinAntiVirus Pro because it isn't a virus.

Removing WinAntiVirus Pro is a challenging process, but it is possible to eliminate this pest from your system, either by an exhaustive manual process or by using an easier automatic method. If you are not familiar with the intricacies of working with your registry, using the manual removal method may do damage to your operating system. If you are a non-technical person then please consider using a reputable antispyware program to do it for you. ParetoLogic's XoftSpySE is a good one. If you still face a problem, you can always contact ParetoLogic to have access to one-to-one help.

To remove WinAntiVirus Pro completely by using an automatic tool, you may need to first uninstall the application to delete all system installation files. Here is a brief procedure that will assist you to remove WinAntiVirus Pro from your computer system:

* Uninstall WinAntiVirus Pro by using the "Add/Remove Programs Utility" in your system.
* Restart the computer in a Safe Mode.
* Once the system boots up in the Safe Mode, you can run a good spyware removal utility like ParetoLogic XoftSpySE to scan the system files and folders. This tool will remove almost all traces of WinAntiVirus Pro installation from your computer.
* You can also use the auto cleanup facility to delete all WinAntiVirus Pro related files and folders from the system. This procedure may take a long time to finish, as it will probe and explore every corner of your computer system.

Manual WinAntiVirus Pro Removal (use at own risk)

Important WinAntiVirus Pro files are:

* WinAntiVirusPro2007FreeInstall.exe,
* pmmnt.exe or pmsnrr.exe,
* uwasffNT.exe or was6.exe

Unregister WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 DLL files:

* nbbrhbd.dll
* was6chk.dll
* uwas6chk.dll

Remove/Modify WinAntiVirus Pro Registry Entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesTypeLib{12398A44-7DFC-4C46-BD8F-41259D169A0D}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesTypeLib{4567AB12-AE24-4FD6-B479-E2B464F32DA6}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesTypeLib{ABCD4567-7437-43EF-AB74-4AB1D3A37411}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesUWAS6.UWAS6
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesuwasfsd.CreationNotifier
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesuwasfsd.CreationNotifier.1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesuwashellext.ShellHook
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesuwashellext.ShellHook.1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesuwashellext.WASContextMenu
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesuwashellext.WASContextMenu.1

Search and delete all these WinAntiVirus Pro Related Files

* uwasffNT.exe
* was6.exe
* WinAntiVirusPro2007FreeInstall.exe
* WinAntiVirus Pro 2007.lnk
* WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 Scanner.lnk
* WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 Scanner Online Manual.lnk
* AsAgents.dll
* unins000.exe
* unins000.dat
* Updater.exe
* uwas6chk.dll
* uwasffNT.exe
* WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 Manual.lnk
* pmmnt.exe or pmsnrr.exe

Please note, to avoid damage to your computer's operating system caused by a mistake in manually removing it, we strongly recommend using a reputable spyware removal tool like ParetoLogic's XoftSpySE . This will automatically detect WinAntiVirus Pro and safely remove all traces of it from your computer.

Theirs a little guide I found on it.

Good luck and be careful. Remember its a jungle out their on that internet.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users