Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flat Screen Tv

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chayisun

chayisun

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

So my Wife has finally told me I can buy a BIG SCREEN TV! I am so happy!

Off we go to Costco and I start to check out the huge selection of sets....I can't make up my mind..

I need a TV that has a head phone jack. Ask the "expert" in the TV section if any of the HUGE selection of sets has such a thing.

"No."

"No?"

"No. They don't make sets with headphone jacks, anymore. Everyone wants surround sound."

"I don't."

"Well, I can only tell you that you won't find any with headphone jacks."

So, I tell my Wife and we go home with a brand new vacuum cleaner.

Anyway, I can't believe there isn't ONE brand of Flat Screen TV for me with head phone jacks...Anybody know of any brand....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

Does this help?
http://www.nextag.com/Televisions--a-Featu...014zB6z5---html
Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

Surely, you could kill two birds with one stone.

Get the BIIIIG Screen TV, and get the surround sound.. Have the cinema experience...

Im sure you could find a set of surround sound speakers that have a headphone jack in one of the many speakers...

#4 chayisun

chayisun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup: Geez, NOW where do I start...So many choices...I appreciate the information.

That's a good idea about the speakers...Never thought of that..And please don't call me shirley... :flowers:

Now, I have to go...and vacuum.... :trumpet:

#5 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

And there are also simpler wireless headphone systems that can plug into the RCA audio out connectors.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#6 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

Christmas comes early this year...
You can pick out your favorite TV and still get a headphone connection. All you have to have is an RCA male to 3.5mm female connector to plug into the RCA-out on the back of your cable box or maybe TV. The TV will need RCA if you do not have a cable box. I'm not saying this is the best way, but it does increase your range of TVs.
http://www.antonline.com/p_03182-NX_166236.htm
And since I don't know your level of experience with TVs and connections, I Paint-ed a diagram to show you how it would work.
Posted Image
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#7 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:39 PM

THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup: Geez, NOW where do I start...So many choices...I appreciate the information.

That's a good idea about the speakers...Never thought of that..And please don't call me shirley... :flowers:

Now, I have to go...and vacuum.... :trumpet:

Said Surely, as in Sure + ly to make surely if you know what i mean?? :inlove:

Lots of TVs and speakers etc to pick from, have fun... Id go for a 60" tv... :cool:

#8 chayisun

chayisun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

Thanks Everybody...Great info. :flowers: By the way, I showed my Wife the idea about the 60" TV...She laughed, not sure if that's a good thing.... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users