Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Card Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Toolfreak65

Toolfreak65

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:14 AM

Recently I have been having problems with my sound card(Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series). I get popping sounds from my speakers, but only when I'm in firefox while at the same time listening to music, and while playing Company of Heroes, otherwise my sound is great. I have all the latest drivers, and I have "reseated" the card, but I still get the same problem.
Vista ultimate 64bit
PSU: 1200W toughpower
MoBo: nforce 790i sli ultra
Gcard: 9800gx2

[Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed]

Edited by jgweed, 22 July 2008 - 11:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

I'm not a gamer so I have to ask, is this an online game? Have you tried another browser to make sure it isn't related strictly to Firefox? If you're using add-ons with Firefox, try disabling them to see if that helps
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users