Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Is The Number Of Registry Items So High 5034

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 josephawood6

josephawood6

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:48 AM

Vista Home premium, 32 bit OS on a Dell Inspiron 1525. I've done a number of clean installs from my dell disk that came with the computer. All I've had problems with, mostly because I incorrectly loaded the drivers. This time I believe It was done correctly but the problem- I have over 5000 registry items. I rember doing scans on the preloaded sytem with super anti spyware pro and only seeing about 688. Is this something that needs investigation? I've run a complete scan of super anti spyware only to find spyware cookies (still have the logs). Autorun was downloaded and I'm starting the process using the start-up database. Ran perfmon /report and it passed. Nothing out of the ordinary so far from compmgmt.msc other than the mmc shut down without explanation 2 days ago. My concern with the registry item number coincides with my event viewerof administrative events, from warnings to errors. for example:Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-SpoolerWin32SPL
Date: 7/22/2008 2:17:20 AM
Event ID: 4
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: JOSEPH-PC
Description:
The print spooler failed to reopen an existing printer connection because it could not read the configuration information from the registry key S-1-5-18\Printers\Connections. The print spooler could not open the registry key. This can occur if the registry key is corrupt or missing, or if the registry recently became unavailable.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-SpoolerWin32SPL" Guid="{13E8B4F7-4D1C-4F65-95A2-39C6B26A3012}" EventSourceName="Client Side Rendering Spooler" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">4</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-07-22T08:17:20.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>13118</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>JOSEPH-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">S-1-5-18\Printers\Connections</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
There are over 38 of these exact entries since yesterday afternoon.
and this example:
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 7/22/2008 3:42:55 AM
Event ID: 7000
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: JOSEPH-PC
Description:
The BCM42RLY service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-07-22T09:42:55.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>13260</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>JOSEPH-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">BCM42RLY</Data>
<Data Name="param2">%%2</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
this example has multiple details enties of what happened that I don't understand. Should I be concerned? What can I do? According to widows updatermy sytem is up to date. I have no external devices i.e. printer, scanner, fax.
Hope I provided enough info. :huh: :huh: :huh:
thanks joe
WOODSY0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

The first error has to do with a problem accessing the registry key that is used for your printer.

Description:
The print spooler failed to reopen an existing printer connection because it could not read the configuration information from the registry key S-1-5-18\Printers\Connections. The print spooler could not open the registry key. This can occur if the registry key is corrupt or missing, or if the registry recently became unavailable.

The second error has to do with (I presume) your Broadcom network connecton. It states that it could not find the file to start the Broadcom service related to this device.

Both, IMO, may be due to problems with the installation of the drivers as you've related in your post. I'd suggest unistalling them and then installing a copy that you've freshly downloaded from the printer manufacturer's website (not from the CD) and from the Dell website (for the Broadcom device).

As for the registry entries, each program that you install creates many registry entries. From what I recall (haven't checked this in a long time), 5000 items isn't all that big of a registry. I seem to recall some systems with well over 100,000 items in the registry. I would suggest staying out of the registry without expert advice on each and every change.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 josephawood6

josephawood6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

Thanks John,
On the printer I don't have one and when i try to delete the shared printer software a driver of some sort immediately reinstalls it. I think I was hacked last week by someone using the software (remember I have no printer) to view documents in my system. I use McAfee security software integrated with Windows Defender and at that time Spyhunter 3 ( I jettisoned that ????ware). I've since installed Super Anti Spyware in place of the spyhunter 3.

I will uninstall and reinstall the drivers as suggested (sp). Do I need to worry about the driver store or anything like a "package" program from MMC?

There will be no registry work done as directed (by You). I just don't want a security problem. I share a wireless router with my roommates kids and his system goes through the router also. I live in an area with probably a dozen wireless systems and I'm not sure if I'm safe. In conjunction with the printer issue (I'm not trying to print anything) could that be an uninvited visitor?

Regards and Thank You
Joe
WOODSY0

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

I doubt that you've got an intruder - but checking the router logs won't hurt. From there you can see the connections that were made to your computer. Also, using this free software will allow you to check the activity through the different ports on your system: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

I'd suggest finding out what program was installed to view documents without the printer.

As for the drivers for the Broadcom - I couldn't tell if this was the Wireless or the Wired drivers for your system - so you'll have to check both (I think it's the wired drivers, but am not certain). Installing both drivers won't hurt anything - and the packages will have all the stuff needed (no need to worry about driver stores or the MMC).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 josephawood6

josephawood6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

Hi John, I started experimenting with cports and nirsoft and i need to learn more but i identified 4 remote IP addresses with names established in 4 different ports.

Anyway while writing the filter for firefox and IE7 I discovered a program ApMsgFwd.exe (or apoint.exe by another name) it's command path is C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe-s
{05FA8492-C047-4207-BE65-780D8591C113}. So i ran a hjt scan, and have posted the result. I think this is causing the broadcom like failure in the firefox and IE7 browsers.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:13:48 AM, on 7/23/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16681)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BtStackServer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Windows\helppane.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.google.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: McAfee Phishing Filter - {377C180E-6F0E-4D4C-980F-F45BD3D40CF4} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msk\mcapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.1.1119.1736\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send image to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send page to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-12650 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.mcafee.com
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\Desktop\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: GoToAssist - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\aestsrv.exe
O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Anti-Spam Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 7422 bytes

I'm not real hjtlog literate but i think there are some problems in R1 and R0 maybe 5 or so. I checked my drivers and acccording to the dell website and my computer they're all up to date.

As far as that printer software, that came pre-loaded and gets load through one of the drivers after I do the clean install of Vista, while loading various devices- maybe a bluetooth object. I talked to Dell about it in a chat and they just don't get it. Told me to leave it be since it wasn't hurting anything-( NOT). Like I mentioned earlier when I remove the software it gets reinstalled immediately- You can see the icon in the notification bar cycling away. When I diasable the software, something (bluetooth related?) enables it. It is a Microsoft XPS Document Writer, Type 3 User Mode, according to the printer drivers. LPT1: is where it is assigned, although ther are 2 more printer ports LPT2: and LPT3: available. the advanced tab has" show informational notifications for network printers" set as default. Command path C:\Windows\system 32\spool\PRINTERS. It has 10 dependent files along with a help, config data and driver file. I'm concerned about it's interdependency on the other files and removal and what it will do to the sytem performance. any feedback? Sorry about the lenght of my response but i figured more information is better than less. My sytem is running the best it has since I did my 1st clean install 4 weeks ago. It's just these two issues that are preventing it from performing at it's optimum.

Thank You again for the cport and nirsoft link.
Joe

Edited by usasma, 23 July 2008 - 02:57 PM.
Strikeout to HJT Log to prevent moving it to the Misplaced Logs forum

WOODSY0

#6 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:42 AM

Hi Joe.

When I diasable the software, something (bluetooth related?) enables it. It is a Microsoft XPS Document Writer

The XPS document writer is installed by default with Vista. It should not effect performance in any way.
Take a look here to see what it is for. If you should decide you don't want it, you can remove it with this free tool. I would leave it myself.

Anyway while writing the filter for firefox and IE7 I discovered a program ApMsgFwd.exe (or apoint.exe by another name) it's command path is C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe-s
So i ran a hjt scan, and have posted the result. I think this is causing the broadcom like failure in the firefox and IE7 browsers.

This is the touchpad drivers\software used on your laptop. The touchpad and drivers are built by Alps supplied to dell. See input devices here.
Though touchpad drivers have been known to interfere with other mousing functions, they will not effect your broadband speed either. Those can be disabled, but if you have no stick, you will have to use an external mouse instead.

I'm not real hjtlog literate but i think there are some problems in R1 and R0 maybe 5 or so

Nothing wrong there either. All normal defaults.

Don't take me the wrong way joe, it's good you are checking out your system, you're just barking up the wrong trees. :huh:
Since you are sharing a wireless broadband connection, you're slowdown is most likely there. :huh:

#7 josephawood6

josephawood6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

Hi "Mista Gangsta",from the Hit Squad,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly,especially the link for the XPS document writer. Is it possible for someone to (via wireless lan or otherwise) to use that application to unaurthorized document access? If so what security measures can be added to the firewall by defender presently in use?

The Alps touch pad program does not have a valid signed certificate. I discovered this while checking out it's properties. My Dell inspiron 1525 was purchased in March 2008. Could the lack of a valid signature have anything to do with the browser hanging or stopping? My roommates kids are home only 3 times a year. The browser issue goes on in their absence, even if I'm the only router user.

Thanks again for the link. I'm not looking to have "my problem fixed" for me or be "rescued", I want to learn, to help myself, and maybe to assist others.

Regards
From the banks of the Eagle River
Colorado Joe
WOODSY0

#8 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

Is it possible for someone to (via wireless lan or otherwise) to use that application to unaurthorized document access?

Highly unlikely. Sharing functions for the XPS document writer are disabled by default if you have no other physical printer installed anyway. There are much better ways for someone to gain access. Not something I would be the least bit concerened about.

The Alps touch pad program does not have a valid signed certificate. I discovered this while checking out it's properties. My Dell inspiron 1525 was purchased in March 2008. Could the lack of a valid signature have anything to do with the browser hanging or stopping?

No.

I'm getting the feeling you're on an unsecured network, true or false?
If you are, you could have piggybackers sucking up bandwidth.
Are you the only one on this network experiencing this problem?

#9 josephawood6

josephawood6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Hi, I don't think My network is unsecured. There is a wep code that must be entered before the conection will go through. then I have my admin password that locks the computer until I enter it. The 2 kids using the wirelss router don't have any problems like I do, but they are running windows XP instead of Vista.

So i don't know what to say. Today though I discovered 5 fraudulent certificates (internet) 2 are in a path for Dell software and the other 2 are fraudulent Microsoft certificates. I found them afterhaving repeated simple little addon problems with Firefox 2. I went into my mmc and set up the snap-in and checked the logical store for invalid certificates. When I exported the 2 invalid Microsoft certificates my Mcafee gave me a trojan alert. All this after I just clean installed the vista OS and drivers (from the dell support website) and used that ms update program, that automatically checks for pertinent updates. I ran a kerpersky scan on Monday alongwith super anti spyware(in safe mode) along with the anti-malwarebytes scan. It sure sounds like I have an unsecured wireless site but I don't think so. Is there soething I'm overlooking?

Thanks again
Joe
WOODSY0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users