Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emzz

emzz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

Hi

I am new to all things technical where computers are concerned and forums of this kind but I am sure my laptop is in need of some help. I found and removed spamblockerutility from my system but I am still getting unwanted pop ups and the system seems to be quite slow. After reading various articles I think I may need to use Hijackthis to rectify any leftover problems. I have installed it onto my system and have a log but need help in identifying what needs to be removed. Apologies in advance if I am in the wrong forum or not posting enough information but I do not know where to begin and would like some help urgently.

Thank you all

Emzz

Edited by Orange Blossom, 22 July 2008 - 04:21 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:15 PM

Hello emzz and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

Please do not do anything with HiJack This at this point. The HiJack This forum is very busy and it is possible that your issues could be resolved here in the Am I Infected forum. If not, we will instruct you in what to do to post in the HiJack This forum.

In order to assist you , we need some additional information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What security program do you have installed? Please name them.

What did you do in your quest to remove "spamblocker utility" and how did you know you had it?

Please describe the pop-ups in more detail: What do the say? What do they look like?

Are you experiencing any other issues with your computer?

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users