My name is Billy O'Neal
and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:
We need to create a Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) Log
- In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
- Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself.
- If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
- Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) from one of the links below and save to your Desktop.
DSS will do the following:
- Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
- Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
- Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.
- Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.
You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using Deckard's System Scanner.
Note: When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that DSS is trying to access the Internet; especially if you are asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that DSS is given permission to access the internet.
- Close all applications and windows.
- Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.
- If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not malicious.
- When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:
- main.txt <-- Will be maximized
- extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
- If not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.
- Please copy (<Control>+C) and paste (<Control>+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
Note: If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.
Also please post your logs in the reply rather than attaching them
- My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)