Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clueless in Boston

Clueless in Boston

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:22 PM

Hello All,

I'm a father of a 14 year old who has no problem downloading anything in site, uses AIM and hotmail and has no problem saying yes to anything when prompted.
I have two problems that I searched on this site and hopefully will result in a correction. I know I will need this forum for future problems until I buy my daughter her own lap top and recover my desk top. I'm enjoying the forums reading the same frustrations that I have experienced from others. I :thumbsup: doubt I will be able to contribute but hopefully you will find my problems interesting and challenging.

:flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:24 PM

:thumbsup:

#3 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:58 PM

:thumbsup: to BC Clueless in Boston

Hopefully the members at BC will be able to help you with any computer needs.

If you don't know where to post a question you may click on the link below (www icon or where should i post my question link).

Enjoy your time at BC.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:49 PM

There are several very good tutorials dealing with best computer security practices, which you might want to print out for your daughter, to impress on her the very real dangers involved in blindly downloading anything and everything. A friend of mine who had a similar problem made his son fix the problems he had created; the lesson was learned.
Naturally the members here will be ready to help you.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users