Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limewire Trojan Win32 5,611 Kb/ 3462 Kb

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CarlosL

CarlosL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

While i was dowloading music from limewire i downloaded a 5611 kb file and a 3462 kb file that are both trojans checked from limewire forums.

"Its a trojan/worm that grabs root if you choose it.

It also comes in games or even as antivirus programs like nuclear cofee.

It is called Win32\Pizbot, also called pigbot or piggy because it biggybacks on various programs and grabs administrator status on your pc. It also installs a backdor for someone to acces your pc later.

This dude is responsible. He tried to hide his IP, but hes an idiot scriptkid who probably got the virus from a friend.

There are others, all using the same ort similar malware but its pretty easy to notice which file contains malware. Look for bitrate difference, size, and scan it before opening with a good av like nod32."

I tried to delete the files on limewire but it says it is being used by another progarm.

So i downloaded avg anti virus for free and im haveing it scan at the begining of the scan a window popped up saying that it found something bad and i clicked put it in the vault and delete it idk if it has been deleted or not scan is still going. the scan also found a adware called digstream.exe

Current proccess running according to windows task manager

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/Ve...taskmanager.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/Ve...askmanager2.jpg

i think the csrs.exe and isaas.exe are bad according to what i searched in google. if avg doesn't catch and delete them i dont know what to do. my computer is still running fast and doing good.

From my searching in google i found out that csr.exe and isaas.exe are system 32 files or something like that. And if i mess with system 32 files i can mess up my computer.

i plan on running hijackthis or something like that and asking a spyware profesional whitch files i should delete.

I am running on windows xp. I do have norton anti virus but it expired yesterday and i was to lazy to tell my mom that it expired so it did not block the trojans. Man i feel like an idiot.

Think anyone can help me im still waiting on the results from avg

EDIT: avg scan is done here are the results

Posted Image

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users