Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Lag And Humming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chiefnuke

Chiefnuke

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hi, just a few days ago my laptop started to hum and lag a lot. This usually starts about 10-15 minutes prior to turning on my laptop, when the vent by my AC Adapter slot starts to blow out some air, and hums and making my laptop lag majorly, about 1FPS. My ram is 2gig, and I have a 512MB Geforce Nvidia Video card, could someone help me please? My laptop is a DELL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

It sounds like a heat issue, purchase a can of inert air and blow out the vents. If you can provide me with the model of that Dell I will see what I can find in the way of instructions to access the inside of the case so that it can be blown out properly.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Chiefnuke

Chiefnuke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

I had a spare can of inert air, it seemed to stop the humming and the lag, Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users