Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ah! I Just Messed Up My Resolution

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

Last night, I decided to unplug my laptop from the external monitor, keyboard, and mouse so that I could sit other places and be comfortable :thumbsup: When I set the laptop screen to "on" it showed the computer on the laptop screen, but the display didn't fill up the entire screen. I knew this was because of my resolution so I went in and tried to change it to a wider and shorter one. When I hit "Apply" it didn't give me the "Would you like to keep the settings?" dialog, it just applied it. The resolution I choose made the display really distorted (to a point of really no use) I tried to go into Safe Mode and change it but the display settings only changed it for Safe Mode (of course) and I still have a distored display in "normal" mode. I dont have a system restore point, so I'm thinking I will have to just do the best I can to change it dealing with the distortion?

Would uninstalling the display driver in Safe Mode and then restarting to "Normal" mode work? I just thought of that (lol) and I'll try that right now.

EDIT:
I got it :D I was able to use the computer enough with the distortion to be able to change it to a useable resolution.

Edited by lhamil64, 21 July 2008 - 08:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users