Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Starting Up Properly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nabilzki

nabilzki

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:33 AM

hey guys, got a bit of a proplem

i start computer as normal, log into my account or any1 else starts loading up, but then stops, dsnt crash or anythn, jsut dsnt load anythn.
the start menu no files on the desktop appear, nuthn, it stays blank, but has the screen saver.

wen i open task manager, i can manually open internet, itunes, etc, but nuthn else

wen lookn at the processes running i notice that only programs such as 'csrss.exe' are running, which under user name is 'System'

nothn opens under the account name. i used to notice that this problem can happen wen the process named 'explorer.exe dsnt load or accidentally shut dwn. so i av tried manually running this process, but wen i try an error appears "windows cannot find 'explorer.exe'. make sure u typed it correctly...... etc".

anyone av an idea wats wrng

the problem started wen apparently from my younger brothers words, he was playing Counter Strike and the computer crashed, and wen he started it back up it started doing it. i think its total bull sht but aye i dunno

im running windows xp service pack 2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

I would try a repair install.

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917964

Perform a Repair Installation - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...ips/doug92.mspx

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users