Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OC Video Card Questions

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:56 PM

Did you download Radlinker. You can overclock that 9200 a little and score around 5,000! Hey it's a start and have a whole month to tweak ask questions, Good Job HuckerJ Dont worry I only got 16,500

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:44 PM

As for more tweaks you can download the omega drivers!

http://www.accesswave.ca/~sruxton/
And uninstall your drivers first reboot then install the omega drivers! There great and add a overclocking utility inside windows

#3 Shibby

Shibby

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:32 AM

Well i use coolbits to oc right now. Will these omega drivers be better then that?

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:07 AM

Yes the omega drivers are much better. They are ati drivers just pumped up! They wont hurt your card any. I use them just pick what os your using at the top of the page at the download site and make sure to get the nvidia drivers and uninstall old reboot install omega drivers

#5 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:29 PM

HuckerJ oc your cpu all in all overclocks you video card a little as well if you do not have an agp pci lock in your Bios. But 3dmark01 does use a little cpu power. But 3dmark03 test alot of your cpu.

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:09 PM

This is how I oveclock my card, this is for ati only but the nvidia program is pretty much thesame way

http://img67.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img67&image=ati1.jpg

http://img67.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img67&image=ati2.jpg

http://img67.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img67&image=ati3.jpg

Only do it by like 4 or 5 steps at a time first up the core then the memory. keep going untill you see white specs all over the screen, back it down a little bit and you will have a stable overclocked card

#7 Shibby

Shibby

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:21 PM

oops.. here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/shibby2205/ocing.jpg

#8 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:34 PM

well, I heard the starting gun, and the gates opened, but this horse ain't runnin.

I installed 3dmark2001 se & it's first action was an alert:

3dmark2001 se was not able to detect the required minimum features in your 3d accelerator. Please ensure your Direct X installation is working properly and that you have the proper drivers installed.

I guess that makes my score zero

any tips? :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#9 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:20 PM

You can download the lates version of direct x.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

and update your video card drivers

back in the stables, I fed the poor horse and talked with raw 'bout the lame start o' mine.

I had direct X installed, confirmed by: start>run>dxdiag (nice new-to-me MS utility)

At last reload of OS, I skipped the install of the VGA drivers, having done only the MSI system drivers. (not to mention my failing to notice the screen resolution wasn't set at 1024 x768 as before)

so, just to let you know, I've run through the demo... very active indeed.

I have only the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated at present on my mobo.

Results of the test will be forthcoming. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#10 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:12 PM

well everyone has a month to see how far they can push there card. I will keep pushing mine as well (my cheapy 9800pro) But dont worry about whoopin me! I cant win!!

#11 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:02 PM

I've installed the RadClocker and overclocked my card, but my scores are actually a little lower! :thumbsup: Any idea why?

The card is an Radeon A9200SE.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#12 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:15 PM

did you oc the core by about 10 and the memory about10? download this tool and let it run for an hour an it will tell you what your max core and memory is!

Download the latest version

ATI TOOL

#13 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:34 PM

If I use the ATiTool, do I need the "softmod" drivers? A message come up saying that if my card's settings were reset after restarting, I need the softmod driver. I tried installing the driver, but I didn't seem to work. Also, when using radclocker, I went from 200 and 164 to 255 and 255 speeds.

Thanks

Edited by HuckerJ, 29 July 2004 - 02:34 PM.

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#14 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:49 PM

nooo you dont want to go that high :thumbsup: ...Set the core from 200 to about 225 and memory from 164 to about 180. I am suprised you didnt blow up your card!!!!Once you do that you have to click SET then at the bottom USE CURRENT.Then Run the test. Just wait on the ati tool. You dont need a soft mod to run it!

#15 Shibby

Shibby

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:35 PM

What is better to get higher, core or memory?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users