Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound Is Working... Except Ableton Live?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 littlee1816

littlee1816

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

I've had my ASUS M51 Series for about a month now, and one day i was using ableton live with my headphones. I had used some programs (company of heroes, winamp) before using ableton in the same session and they were all working fine. Then (with ableton still running) i opened up winamp and unplugged the headphones to show someone a song, but there was no sound. After fiddling around with everything i could (i didnt mute anything btw), I cannot get the sound to work on any program including windows media player, firefox, and even the system sounds. If i have a song playing in winamp and i check the bottom right where the little speaker is, it shows the green bar bouncing up and down with the beat, but no sound comes out (laptop speakers or if i have headphones in. But for some reason, ableton live is the only thing that will put out some sound. I tried uninstalling ableton and reinstaling the audio drivers. Does anyone know what else i could try before i send in my computer to get fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users