Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Viewing Internet Videos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jwt1

jwt1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

I have been unable to view internet videos. The commercials play, but it takes a long time for the video to load and when it starts it constantly hangs up. When it does start back, it plays for a second or two and then hangs up again. Only the video hangs up, not my computer. I can close it and go on to other sites. I can play videos that people e-mail me.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:37 PM

Hello jwt1 and welcome.

What is the speed of your network connection?

Also try pausing the playback for a while then playing. It is most likely that the file you are viewing needs to stream first.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:45 PM

Are you trying to watch videos on Youtube or some other viral video site?

#4 jwt1

jwt1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

I have a cable modem, so usually my internet connection is fast. I have noticed a difference during certain hours - probably peak times. Sometimes, I can watch the videos in the morning hours without all the problems. I will try the pausing to see if it helps.

Most of the videos I am trying to watch is on MSNBC.

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

Also to add, is your system up to date and does it have the latest flash player for your browser?
Regards,

Alan.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:30 AM

Try to watch a video at Youtube or someplace other than MSNBC and see if you get the same thing.

#7 jwt1

jwt1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Yes, I downloaded the lastest version of flashplayer. I tried playing videos from You Tube. They did just like MSNBC. They would all play in the morning hours, but I just tried at 2:20 PM central time and they just sit there like they are loading. I did try to pause one yesterday and it worked after 5 min. of loading time. It never took this long - I once was able to watch with no problems. I can not think of any changes I have made. I have tried running spybot, adware, Norton, and AVG, but none have helped.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

You're going to have to do some trial & error. It could be a browser problem with addons. It could be a setting within Flash. It could be your security settings are too high. That one is pretty common. It could be a video driver problem. Generally there's no quick fix but adjusting security settings might be the first place to look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users