Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running Slow Every 5 Minutes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 haken_zell

haken_zell

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

Hi, good day BC..i just want to ask for a advice about my laptop, i have a Acer Spire 3610 with Windows XP home edition..my problem is, every 5 minutes it will run very slow for a minute and then after 5 minutes it will run very slow again specially on programs that requires high memory like online games..its always like that, i was thinking that it might be the processor, when it became hot it will run slow and im trying to put a fan over it, but its still doesnt solve my problem,. i cant use my nero and dvd burner because when the slowing occurs, the dvd-r will stop running...i hope u can help me guys.,thank you so much.. =)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

Sounds like overloaded PC. Try to reduce the number of apps you are running at a single time or expand the RAM. You can use CCleaner to clean your PC. Defrag of HardDisk may also help.

#3 haken_zell

haken_zell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

i did the defragment and i also have CCleaner on my laptop, but still the same..my ram is 512 and hard disk is 80G with 23G free space..

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

When it slows look in the Task Manager to see what applications are running.

Right click on the task bar, and click on Task Manager, click on the Applications tab.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 haken_zell

haken_zell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

theres nothing else running but the game im playing, i've got 51 processes on Processes Tab..i have norton anti virus, super anti-spyware, ad-aware and tune up utility to protect my laptop from viruses but its still occurs..thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users