Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Your Help With Trojans!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 montecarlo1987

montecarlo1987

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:01 PM

Hello. I need help with Trojans!!! I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. The programs to combat this pests include Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 (KIS 7.0), CounterSpyv2, SUPERAntispyware Pro, and free version of Ad-Aware.

I have gone long periods running my computer where KIS 7.0 has finally detected Trojans on a separate hard drive (s:) that I use for storage. KIS detects them with its auto scan feature that begins to run when the operating system is up and running (and I found some with manual KIS scans). They are Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.vpx,Trojan-Downloader.Win32.FraudLoad.gen, Trojan-Downloader.WIn32.Agent.vur and Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Joiner.fa. I have KIS set to disinfect and to delete if necessary... ...they are deleted automatically after the disinfect fails. None of the other programs that I have ran have detected them. The other anti-spyware programs only detect cookie issues.

What happens is this: KIS will detect them on day 1 after a long scan and then after a few days later detect a different Trojan after another long scan on my S drive (while running long scans in between those days when on my computer and detecting nothing). I ran CCleaner to cleanup my computer's files and folders to see if temp files are an issue. This doesn't matter. I have recently ran in Safe Mode (having already unchecked both the "Hide file extension for known file types" & "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)"), KIS 7.0, Ad-Aware FREE and SUPERAntispyware Pro and none have detected any Trojans or other issues that instance. Within KIS 7.0 program, I have ran scans using "Critical areas", "My Computer", Startup Objects", & "Rootkit scan" -- sometimes I find them in normal mode and sometimes I don't. Right now KIS says that "Your computer is protected." and all the malware has been deleted.

So what is going on and where are these Trojans coming from? Any solutions to my Trojan plague I get every few days? Of the files that were deleted by KIS and found to be infected can be replaced, I am very lucky so far. ...but for how long???!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

You aren't using a P2P filesharing program are you? Many infections drop copies of themselves renaming in a shared folder, this means the infection is active and installed.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users