Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have Two Service Pack Running In My System

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 taenamo

taenamo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:10 AM

guys i have to SP running in my system, its windowsXp sp2 and windowsXp sp3. because here is the link here

question:
1.how can i remove sp3 or one of them.
2.how can connect to internet using the LAN slot not in USB slot,because after the installing of SP3 my network adapters were need to reinstall, and i can only reinstall the driver of the USB.i try to reinstall LAN but their no pop up or i cant see it in the device manager.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:14 AM

go to add/remove and uninstall service pack 3
or follow this link

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158484/uninstall-win-xp-sp3-off-of-my-computer/

#3 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:20 AM

ok tnx... about my 2nd question can you help me??

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

According to your other post, you have 2 versions of Windows installed. I believe your best bet is to start over with a fresh install. Not a repair but a format and fresh install
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Why do you have to remove sp3? sp3 updates all files of sp2. So after installing sp3 you dont have sp2, you now have sp3. There can be only one service pack at one time, the latest one.

Press "Pause + WindowsKey", what do you see? Does it say ServicePack 3? or ServicePack 2? Or does it say Service Pack 2+3? :thumbsup:

#6 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:33 AM

@sir garmanma

i dont have any background in formatting PC,i dont know the points that should be remember and i dont have the original SP2 CD. and i think this sp3 is not a original.

@sir Romeo29
based on my system properties,in General
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

i want to remove one of them because i have two folders in drive C: which is WINDOW(sp2) and WINDOW.0(sp3),i think...im thinking in the long run,maybe they will conflict and cause system failure...

#7 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:14 AM

knock knock !!!! please help !!!!

#8 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

You have two folder for WINDOWS?

Type this in Run dialog (StartMenu-Run) : "cmd". It will open a command prompt. In the command prompt type "%WINDIR%", the folder you will see is your Windows folder. You can safely delete the a other one. Make sure you have not stored anything in the other folder.

Most probably, you have installed Windows when there was a folder "C:\Windows" already on your harddisk, so setup created "C:\Windows.0" for new Windows installation.

Before trying to delete the non-Windows folder (most probably C:\Windows), just rename it and see what happens. If it is required by some programs? Alsi check its contents, if you need them.

Hope this helps you :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users