Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mz_Lady_Di

Mz_Lady_Di

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:40 AM

Hi Everyone,

Great website.

My problem:

When I start up WinXP I get to desktop and before everything is finished loading system restarts and then goes into disk check, e.g., when system closes abnormally.

When I try to go into safe mode key board arrows do not function to move to safe mode in menu.

When I try to boot from WinXP installation cd and get message press any key to boot from cd system just restarts again.

I've got big time problems!

Thank you so much Help me please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 10:37 AM

Ok, so what I'm getting is that you cannot log in at all. The login issue sounds like a virus I had contact with. It was fixed by going into safe mode. When you boot from cd, and hit any key when it prompts, can you access the cd tools or no? It also sounds like you may have a keyboard error in there somewhere. Try the easier thing first,check your keyboard connection. I know it sounds too obvious to be the issue, but sometimes the obvious is at fault.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#3 Mz_Lady_Di

Mz_Lady_Di
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:56 PM

Thanks E. Fixxer - But prob not keyboard - I am 99.5% sure it is a virus/trojan etc. It is preventing me from going into safe mode, booting from the Win XP cd, etc. My keyboard num lock key is lit however the arrow keys don't function to move to safe mode and when I try to boot from WinXP disk after it says, PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD... nothing happens system just restarts. This is a real humdinger. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users