Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accidentally Backed Up To Recovery D: Drive, Now Full

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 terpkel

terpkel

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

Hi, Sorry but I have a lot to learn about computers.
I followed the Vista prompts to back-up my computer but didn't have any discs at the time. I told it to back up to the computer. Now my Recovery D: drive only has 2 GB of 9.65GB available. The computer has given me warnings about it almost being full. Any way I can remove this back-up and put it on a Disc instead? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

Did you use the built in Vista backup tool? If so, which one did you use - the file backup or the complete PC backup?

Also, please check your PM's for one from me.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 terpkel

terpkel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

It was the Vista backup and the whole PC backup I believe. I don't know what PM's are... sorry.

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

A 'pm' is a private message. Look at the top of the page index on this forum. Up in the right hand corner, you should see New Messages
Click on it, and then click on the one that John sent. :huh:

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users