Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe Keeps Crashing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cfrank

cfrank

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Yesterday my computer started to have problems after i was doing some online shopping using internet explorer, And almost right after that my taskbar and desktop would dissapear and comeback at random times. when they would go away it would close all of the program windows that i had up. As of right now explorer.exe will clsoe and will not come back up so i cant get to the desktop or taskbar either. I have to manually use ctrl+alt+del and go under file to run the explorer.exe process.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

Hello cfrank and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

In order to assist you, we need a bit more information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What security programs do you have installed? Please name them.

Are you experiencing other issues besides these:

my taskbar and desktop would disappear and comeback at random times. when they would go away it would close all of the program windows that i had up. As of right now explorer.exe will close and will not come back up so i cant get to the desktop or taskbar either. I have to manually use ctrl+alt+del and go under file to run the explorer.exe process

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users