Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Documents Folder ..help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 barrythegreek

barrythegreek

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:17 AM

I moved the location of My documents folder to an external drive (H:) , unfortunately I didn't first make a new my docs folder but transferred the contents so that H: had the various documents plus music etc that was already there .
Now when I go My documents from Start I go straight to H: . I created a documents folder in C: & transferred the docs back to that but now it doesn't appear in windows explorer i.e. C: Users/user name .
However when I do a search for 1 of the docs in the folder from search at start & 'open folder location' it goes to windows explorer as before .
What a mess !!
How do I get things back to as before ? I've just done a complete recovery so don't want all that hassle again .
Hope this makes sense 'cos I'm baffled :huh:

I have Vista Home Premium . Don't think any other specs are relevant .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

Hello barrythegreek,

You could try a system restore, alternatively try rignt clicking on My Documents and select properties. then you can change the location of the file.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users