Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Retrieve Programs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alisonr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:18 AM

have lost Word, Excel and Powerpoint to a virus . i have managed to remove the virus but cant get my programs back. is there a way of restoring these programs .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,170 posts
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:23 AM

Do you have the Office installation CD? If you do uninstall Office and reinstall it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 alisonr

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:42 AM

thanks dc3 , no i dont have the cds programs were installed by my local computer shop . the guy offered to fix it but it takes a long time before i get my computer back from him . if that is the only way then should i buy the cd s and reinstall them myself .cheers

#4 garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

should i buy the cd s and reinstall them myself .

When you see what they charge you might change your mind. Another alternative is to try the free office application
Open Office
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users