Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction ...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Euler

Euler

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

Hi all from the great land down south ... Australia ...

I have found this site after numerous searches for fixes to an IE7 crash problem which has plaqued my pc over the last approx 4 weeks.
I have found lots of people and places with "possible fixes" but not the one that works for me. I was just about to throw the towel in and reformat the machine ... but found some people at Combofix that directed me here ... (no, I am not associated with them, nor am advertising for them .. just stating the path that led me here).

So I am full of confidence that I will find the solution to the problem before I have to reformat .. or the thought crossed my mind to ditch IE .. and Windows too!!??!! ... even contemplated moving over to the competition machines .. but then thought .. let's not let this beat us!!

OK ... lastly, I'm running a wireless network of:
- 2 pc's (1. Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz 1GB Ram - several years pld but a good workhorse; 2. Intel Celeron CPU E1200 1.60Ghz 2GB Ram - recently upgraded from a P3 -- yes a P3!!, and to my suprise have found the "little" E1200 a great processor!!), and
- an Acer Aspire 9305WSMi (great 17" screen) which my wife uses in her work

Look forward to "talking" to many, learning from all and offering input to those where I can. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:29 AM

Hello Euler

Welcome to BC

I hope to visit Australia one day.

Edited by Martel, 19 July 2008 - 12:29 AM.

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:03 AM

Hello Euler and welcome to BC.
Regards,

Alan.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:03 AM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users