Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chat client without popups.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:09 AM

I read a post that referred to all of the old ICQ client programs. What a find. When I was using ICQ client I sure would have like to go back to version 99a. Before is became clumbsy. I found a program several years ago that eliminated the need for several chat clients. I see most members recommend software but this one I don't remember seeing suggested. I use and like Trillian 1.3. It's muti-client interface that is easy to use. It is light on resources. The basic version is free. AIM, YIM, ICQ, MSN, and IRC are all supported. As you can see at the bottom of this post I use all of them. Some for work, some for friends, and family. Trillian does not have pop-ups and/or spy-ware. It will even let you know when you have mail. I am currently running it under Windows 98se, ME, and XP Pro on six of the family computers at my home. I have not found one instance of it causing a conflict or crash with any of my Windows products. I believe it to be a safe and stable alternative to the single service clients. If any of you have used this product please post your experience (good or bad). If you know of any similar product please tell us about them.

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:07 PM

Yup its a perfectly safe program that a lot of our users use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users