Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Kapersky Scan To Work

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shannon76666

shannon76666

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:14 AM

:thumbsup: I would appreciate any help..I am trying to use the Kapersky free virus scan to make sure I have remove everything necessary and to send a log I have downloaded the latest version of Java but the kapersky scanner does not recognize this and continues to tell me I need to download Java 1.5 or later...Need help and thanks to all who can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

Hello shannon76666,

What version do you have installed http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp update 7 is the latest.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 shannon76666

shannon76666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

i have version6 update 7 java

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:54 AM

I would remove all the Java entries from add/remove programs Then go to My Computer=>C=>Program Files=>Java=> delete the folders there. If you have an entry with jdk in the folder name, do not delete it.

Then re install the latest version.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 shannon76666

shannon76666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

I deleted all of the java files and reinstalled the Java 6 update 7 program but Kapersky still does not recognize that I have the program .....do I need to install something else or am I missing something??

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

If Java has been installed correctly, then the issue most likely resides with the browser.

What browser are you using?
Regards,

Alan.

#7 shannon76666

shannon76666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

I am using Internet Explorer I am unsure what version {if there is a specific version}

#8 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

It may be a plugin problem for IE. If you click help then about. It should give you a version number.

Just to make sure that it is not a system problem. Try running the scan using FF3 http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/ if the scan works using FF3 then its a problem with IE. If you get the same error then it is a problem with the system or the kaspersky website.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users