Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:13 AM
I am trying to troubleshoot my husband's computer, please excuse my ignorance as I don't use Vista myself and know almost nothing about it.
His comp is having serious problems with numerous start up errors, here are several:
- LogonUI.exe Bad Image: WTSAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error (this appears 4 or 5 times)
- wmdc.exe Bad Image: WTSAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error
- ehtray.exe Bad Image: WTSAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error
- RunDLL: Error loading nvsvc.dll (is not a valid Win32 application)
- there is no net connectivity
- you can run programs on the desktop, but can't open folders
- you can run programs from the "start" menu but can't open folders or disk shortcuts like "Computer"
- you can't run sfc /scannow from "start", nothing happens when you type anything into the run field.
I have used a recovery disk to 1) attempt to repair startup 2) system restore to earliest available date, but those didn't help. Obviously this is in a bad way, I just want to know if something thinks there's any hope of a solution besides blowing away all content and reinstalling.
Thanks so much